Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Introduction to My Life With Young Life

Hi All! In January my wife, Liz, and I will be moving to Langley, BC in order to fill an area director position with Young Life. After getting married and graduating this past spring, in order of importance of course, I felt that I was being called into youth ministry. As a volunteer leader with YL for several years, I decided to pursue the unique mission of YL full-time. Since the spring, God has provided for Liz and me in Kalamazoo, and has blessed us with an incredible opportunity in Canada! As we move to a new country, across the continent, I felt that writing a blog would be a great way of keeping everyone in the loop.

For those of you that don't know where Langley is you can check out this map. Our new home town is in the Lower Mainland area of BC, a.k.a. Fraser Valley. Vancouver is slightly NW of Langley, and the next largest city, Seattle, is a couple hours South. At O Ave. in Langley, all that marks the US - Canada border is a small ditch. It might be difficult to see, but the bottom of the picture is the border, and Langley is the second area from the right (West).


For the other half of you that are unfamiliar with where I am from in the mitten state, check out the map below. I grew up with my family in Howell, inbetween Lansing and Detroit. Then in 2006 I moved to Kalamazoo (SW Michigan) so that I could become a student at Western Michigan University.


 Thanks for following my journey with Young Life in Langley, BC! Once I get there in the new year I will be posting weekly on the happenings of YL, and my work as the area director.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogville. Glad you're sharing and creating conversation. I'm subscribing and looking forward to what you experience. Keep it up.

    I run youth leader stash. Hope that site helps.

    ReplyDelete